Information for New Competitors
This page has been created to provide information and resources for new competitors. Some of our recommended tips can be found below:
- Make sure you are familiar with what figures you are allowed to use in your event.
- Always arrive early. Competitions can run ahead or experience schedule changes that may push your event earlier than expected.
- Ensure that you are dressed appropriately and to competition standard.
- Do not forget to keep yourself well-fed and hydrated throughout the event.
- Have fun, and cheer on your friends!
Competition Rules and Regulations
Our competition rules and regulations can be found on the back of our paper forms, provided below:
Section 4b of the Competition Bylaws from DancesportBC’s website can be found by clicking the button below:
The following links will direct you to the figure list allowed for each dance at each level (courtesy of Ballroom Guide)
Please note that Club events do not follow syllabus rules. You may use any figures you have learned for Club events.
Dress Code, Hair and Makeup
Preparing for Gala? Have a look below for resources on dress code, hair, and makeup.
We have attached copies of the Canada DanceSport dress code below for your perusal.
Here are a few hair tutorials we can recommend for your first competition.
Look no further! Here are some ballroom makeup tutorials