Alternatively, if you are are a UBCDC local, you can print the form and deliver it to us with your payment
Our current office is located at:
3301C-6133 University Boulevard
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z1
Deadline for competitor entries is February 24th, 2020. There will be a late entry fee of $20 for all entries received and accepted after the entry deadline. Entries will only be accepted after the entry deadline if it does not necessitate further rounds. No entries will be accepted on the day of the event unless otherwise stated. For more information or online registration, please visit the UBC Dance Club website at www.ubcdanceclub.com/gala. Any questions regarding competition registration or event scheduling should be directed towards Elliot Chong at 604-889-0303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
After registration, all competitors must pay for a Competitor Pass to all of their sessions:
- General Competitor: first two events are free with a Competitor Pass, $20 for each additional event
- UBC Dance Club Members: no additional fee
- Non-WDSF events will be run according to DanceSport BC (DSBC) Bylaws and Rules.
- Competitors should familiarize themselves with the rules prior to the competition.
- Events will be cancelled or combined if there are insufficient entries.
- Syllabus events will be invigilated.
- All competitors must sign a waiver upon registration to be eligible to compete. Competitors under 19 years of age MUST have this release signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- For dress regulation for non-WDSF events, refer to the DSBC website www.dancesportbc.com.
- To compete in any mixed proficiency event, the lower level dancer must not have placed first, second, or third at any Open competition of the registered style (i.e. Standard or Latin) at the Newcomer level or higher prior to Gala.
- The lower level dancer must wear the couple’s competitor number during the heat (as they are the one being judged).
- To compete in any UBC Dance Club Closed event, you must be a member of the UBC Dance Club.
- You may not compete in any Club Closed event that you have won (i.e. placed first in) previously
- To compete in any Club Closed Standard or Club Closed Latin events, you must not have received more than 2 hours of any instruction (group, semi-private, or private lessons) in Standard or Latin dancing outside of the club during the UBC Dance Club year without explicit permission from the club, with the exception of UBC Dance Club workshops.
- To compete in Club Closed Newcomer Standard, you must not have placed in any Open Standard competition above the Newcomer level during the UBC Dance Club year.
- To compete in Club Closed Newcomer Latin, you must not have placed in any Open Latin competition above the Newcomer level.
- To compete in Club Closed Intermediate Standard, you must not have placed in any Open Standard event at the Bronze level or higher.
- To compete in Club Closed Intermediate Latin, you must not have placed at any Open Latin event at the Bronze level or higher.
- To compete in Club Closed Advanced Standard, you must not have placed at any Open Standard event at the Silver level or higher.
- To compete in Club Closed Advanced Latin, you must not have placed any Open Latin event at the Silver level or higher during the UBC Dance Club year.
- To compete in Club Closed Jive, you must not have danced out of Open Pre-Bronze Latin.
- To compete in Club Closed Viennese Waltz, you must not have danced out of Open Bronze Standard.
- To compete in Club Closed Rising Star, you must never have won any Open level competition above Newcomer.
- You may only compete in two consecutive same-sex levels, we reserve the right to modify entries per skill level of the couple dancing based on their standings in DSBC or other rankings, or at the discretion of officials.
Rules and Regulations
Mixed Proficiency Eligibility
Club Closed Eligibility
The lowest Club Closed level that you are allowed to compete in is the highest level that you are currently registered in. You may not compete in the level you are taking lessons in if you have taken lessons at a higher level previously. The UBC Dance Club year runs from September 2019 to April 2020 inclusive. The results of Open level competitions used to decide eligibility for Club Closed events will be those recognized by DanceSport BC.